1. The rental agreement is not transferable. Using this vehicle without written authorization of QUALITY CAR RENTAL LTD. Or driven by a driver under 25 years of age or under intoxication from alcohol or drugs and or in violation of any of this rental contract may void the insurance coverage. Days will be computed on a 24 hour basis and extra hours will be computed at hourly rate. This period begins at the time written in this contract.
2. The Lessee acknowledges that the vehicle described in this contract (herein referred to as the Vehicle) is the property of the Lessor.
3. The Lessor hereby leases the Vehicle to the Lessee in its present condition and to Lessee's entire satisfaction at the rate set forth on the. reverse hereof. Lessor makes no express or implied warranty as to any matter whatsoever including, without limitation the condition of the Vehicle and its equipment or its fitness for any particular purpose.
4. The Lessee acknowledges delivery of the Vehicle free from damage except as specifically noted in this Rental Contract and undertakes to return the Vehicle in the same condition as he received it.
5. The Lessee agrees to pay the Lessor an amount equal to the cost of repairing to the satisfaction of the Lessor any damage to the Vehicle from any cause which occurs after its delivery to the Lessee and before its return to the Lessor, unless the Lessee initials and pays for the optional Collision Damage Waiver on the reverse side of this contract. CDW deductible $500.00.
6. Gasoline used and not replaced by Lessee will be charged to Lessee at current rates prevailing $10/gallon
7. If the Lessee does not return the Vehicle at the time specified for any reason whatsoever the protection of the insurance will not be extended to the Lessee and the Lessor may, without demand or notice, take immediate possession of the Vehicle wherever found and without the assistance of any public authority.
8. The Lessee agrees that the Vehicle will be driven only by the Lessee or by the additional driver(s) whose narne(s) appear(s) on this Rental Contract.
9. The Lessee agrees not to use the Vehicle in violation of any law or traffic regulations or in any manner hazardous to public safety and will pay any fine imposed for any violation.
10. The Lessee agrees that the Vehicle will not be operated by anyone under 25 years of age or in an illegal, reckless or otherwise abusive manner, or by any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or in violation of any provision of this Rental Contract or to propel or to tow any other vehicle or devise or for any illicit or prohibited trade or transportation, or for carrying passengers for hire. The Lessee agrees that the Vehicle will only be driven on highways or private roads AND WILL NOT BE DRIVEN ON BEACHES.
11. In case that the odometer is damaged by the Lessee, he/she shall immediately report same to Lessor in order that it may be repaired or the Lessee may be provided with another vehicle. If the foregoing is not done, or if it is evident that the odometer has been disconnected or that the corresponding seal has been tampered with, the account of the Lessee shall be charged with the mileage charge based on average 200 miles per day of rental at the published price.
12. The Lessee undertakes to immediately advise the Lessor by telephone or in the absence of such means of communication, in the most rapid manner possible, of any mechanical defect which interferes with the safe operation of the Vehicle and to immediately cease operating the Vehicle and also to report immediately to the Police and to the Lessor within 24 hours after the said theft or accident and the Lessee shall forward immediately to the Lessor every writ, letter, document or advice received by the Lessee from or on behalf of any claimant and shall fully cooperate with the Lessor's insurers and the Lessor in all matters connected with the investigation of and with the defense of any claim or suit.
13. The Lessee shall at all times hold the Lessor harmless against all claims and suits and actions arising out of the Lessee's renting or operation of the Vehicle. It is agreed that the Lessor is not responsible for injuries sustained by Lessee, driver(s) or passenger(s) including injuries which may arise out of the sole negligence of the Lessor.
14. If the Lessor employs an attorney or a collection agency to enforce any part of this Rental Contract, the amount of the claim of the Lessor against the Lessee will be increased.
15. Lessee is fully liable for the car including, but not limited to, the current retail value for the car, in excellent condition, and any and all claims for "down time/loss of use" for up to thirty (30) days. Lessee is fully liable for the car, whether the car is stolen or damaged by reason of abuse, Act of God, collision, fire, gross negligence, theft, and/or vandalism, regardless who is "at fault". However. if the Lessee has not breached this Rental Contract by violating any condition, restriction or term of this Rental Contract, and if the Lessee has accepted and paid for the Collision Damage Waiver, Lessor will waive its claims against Lessee for collision damage to the car except for collision damage to glass, tires and rims, as well as transmission and engine, as same are not covered by the Collision Damage Waiver. Lessee is always fully liable for glass, tires and rims, as well as transmission and engine. Any breach of this rental agreement renders the Collision Damage Waiver null and void. The Collision Damage Waiver is not insurance.